How can you sell effectively online? And what are the key differences between selling online and offline? To find out, I spoke to Internet psychologist Graham Jones, who has spent the last 15 years analysing how consumer behaviour has adapted to the web. In his book Click.ology, he argues that companies have yet to adjust…
What are the latest trends in eCommerce – and how are they relevant to digital marketers of all stripes? To find out, I spend the day at the eCommerce Expo 2014, taking place in London in early October. It’s the go-to show for anyone in online retailing or digital marketing who wants to raise revenue,…
If you design your own clothing and want to sell it online, you’ll need an internet shopping cart where products can be displayed and customers can make a purchase.
But most shopping cart software requires some coding skills and this may require hiring a programmer for several hours.
Fortunately, there is a much easier way to get your product to market if your budget is tight. BigCartel offers a shopping cart that can be set up in minutes, doesn’t require any programming skills, and doesn’t require a merchant account to process customer payments. Best of all, you can try it for free.
If you’re serious about selling online, be sure to make it easy for the customer to make the buying decision
- Remove distractions from the buying decision process
- Remove negatives about the product or offer
- Remove complications that may result in the customer saying ‘let me think about it’
- Include something extra that makes the customer want to buy it now
- Make the actual ordering easy. Give the customer their choice of payment options and a simple order form to fill out.